- Reading models include the logogen model, The Interactive Activation Model, Seidenberg and McClelland model and the Dual-route model.
- Evidence from reading disorders have shown support for the dual-route model.
- Patients with surface dyslexia have an inability to read irregularly spelled words.
- Patients with phonological dyslexia have difficulty with regularly spelled non-words
Exercises in Critical Thinking
Think of how you read words in your language.
- Is there a moment when you just know what a word means or do you need time to process it?
- Keep track of mistakes you make when you read. Are these grammatical, phonological, or semantic?
- Do you make mistakes when you read silently? What about when you are speaking to yourself?